Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pizzemmarria

DON’T EAT HERE:


City View Pizza


The moment I bit the pizza, I concluded that this pizza wasn’t worth my money at all. At least, it had to cost much less than it did. I ordered two slices of plain cheese pizza at City View Pizza Located at 17th st and Spring Garden. The pizza was too hot caused by overheating which made the pizza really difficult to eat and not enjoyable. When I ate it, the mozzarella layer that was supposed to be soft and stretching, but when I ate it, it was really stiff and rigid; it didn’t stretch and didn’t give me the moisture and softness of a good pizza at all. The sauce was not enough and didn’t cover the pizza at all. And because of the overheating, most parts of the pizza were blackened and when you ate the crust, it would feel that you ate cracker at that moment.


2 thumbs down – 9/10 stars


EAT HERE:


Soho Pizza


I already ate pizza here several times. I have already tasted each pizza they serve, from plain cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, to spinach and mushroom pizza. The mozzarella is soft and stretching. As you bite the pizza, the mozzarella will stretch so long that you have to keep chewing it down to your mouth. When you order the pizza, the pizza will be warmed in a brick oven and when it is served, the pizza is warm and is not too hot, therefore it is enjoyable and you don’t have to worry about burning your mouth. The crust has a proper texture, not too rigid or too soft. Soho Pizza also offer a lot of varieties of sauce for their pizza: ranch sauce, buffalo sauce, and barbecue sauce. It is a must try place for pizza, because they do specialize in pizza.


3 thumbs up – 8.5/10 stars


Rossi Pizza


Located in South Philadelphia, at Broad and Snyder, this is one of the places that I visit if I want to get a pizza. At first, I doubted this pizza place as the store is small and doesn’t seem to serve a good pizza. That time I was hungry and didn’t have any choice to satisfy my long for a pizza. It changed my mind. Like Soho Pizza, although they don’t serve many varieties of pizza like Soho, Rossi Pizza offers us a tasteful and enjoyable pizza. It is one of the places that you should call or drop by when you have a strong urge to eat a really good pizza.


2 thumbs up – 8/10 stars


No comments: